Re: Drop the Driveshaft??

To: Edgar Gonzalez <spl212@home.com>, roadster <roadster@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Drop the Driveshaft??
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 07:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone for their quick responses to my
towing question.  By the time I left here yestarday
morning the consensus was for rear wheel towing, which
is what I did.  No real problems encountered, though
on rough roads I did get a little swaying even with
cross tied wheel, pretty imobile.  This could be
controlled easily by slowing down a bit, and on smooth
surfaces (the interstate for example) I could drive 60
mph without any problems.

The reason I did not rent the trailer was a decision
on total weight.  I was towing with a Nissan Frontier
with the 2.4L 4.  A bit of a strain, but it worked.  I
thought the trailer may be pushing things a bit.  I
have previously used the trailer with my old '64 Chevy
283 PU and it was phenominal.  The Chevy is down right
now.

Anyway, thanks again.  All is well, and Christine is
back home for repair on my schedule, not hers.

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC

http://auctions.yahoo.com/