Re: Drop the Driveshaft??

To: "Mike Harper" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Drop the Driveshaft??
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:20:38 -0400
Glad to hear all went well and nothing dropped off on the way home.

BTW, even towing a 5 speed car is better off towed with the rear wheels off
the ground as the tranny has a tendency to leak oil from the spring selector
plungers in the rear and from the shifter rod going into the tranny.
Replacing the shifter rod seals are a bear and the seals for the plungers
are NLA although I did find some Nitrile O-rings that fit but it still leaks
a bit.

Mike