Re: Intake manifold thingy

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: Intake manifold thingy
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:49:02 -0500
I looked at a wiring diagram that was marked to be for a 69 and it
had a valve with black and black-yellow wires connected to it that
was called a "bypass valve"  It was wired in series with two switches,
one on the trans that closes when in the top gear, and the other one on the
clutch pedal.

What it actually does, I don't know, but it is part of the pollution
control stuff.  Is there a hose connected to it also?  I seem to
remember that there was some method on the late cars to kill the vacuum
advance when the car was cruising at highway speeds.

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner