RE: Intake manifold thingy

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: RE: Intake manifold thingy
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
--- snyler <marc@animalfirm.com> wrote:
> Are you running a pre-smog distributor?  Any fancy carb needles?

Marc,
I'm running some kind of strange distributor, like an 11 or something.
where that came from I have no idea.

the needles are stock.
when I removed the manifold "thingy" i noticed no change good or bad.
the biggest change I noticed, which I beleive is exclusive to 70, was
to remove the overflow tubes from the air cleaner.

My theory is this; my 66 runs like a bat out of hell and anything else
on the 70 wasn't needed. The setup in 66 was perfected, everything else
was smog induced crap. (just my opinion)

As far as neeedles and distributors and what all that crap does, or is
supposed to do, I think Gordon is the man with all the answers, not me.

But, I make a hell of a nifty polished brass block off plate!

enough babble, see ya.

Roman

=====
ristguitars@yahoo.com