RE: Intake manifold thingy

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Intake manifold thingy
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:33:23 -0700
And Gordon quoth from the Book of Rising Sun Racing, Emission Controls Chapter,
saying:

"On 1600's at the end of the production run there is a solenoid valve mounted on
the intake manifold that is controlled by switches on the clutch pedal and
gearbox. This by-pass valve is activated only when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear
with the clutch engaged (pedal released). The valve allows extra air into the
intake manifold during higher speed running (as in 3rd or 4th gear) to cause a
leaner mixture. The valve is connected to two tubes on the bottom of each
carburetor that draw air from the the throttle bore immediately in upstream of
the throttle valve."

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA