Carbs or Distributor?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs or Distributor?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:28:39 -0700
Hello All,

Well, I think I am reaping what I have sown these days. After purchasing my
64 1500 about two and a half months ago, I proceeded to put about 2000 miles
on it. I replaced the tires and am still riding around with Les Canaday's
drive shaft (any word on the part Les?)but the engine has always hung in
there.

I know the car is in serious need of a tune up and I am going to get that
done soon. Well, yesterday might have moved it up to the front burner.

I suffered a complete loss of power while driving on the freeway. It almost
seemed like one of the carbs had a problem with a float or something like
that. The car would chug and stall while still in fourth gear. I pulled it
over and looked under the hood, I fiddled with the distributor and also
checked the carbs. No obvious issues. The car would start up, but it felt
like only one carb was functioning properly and I had no power.

I nursed the car home and today I took the car out for a spin with no
problems.

Carbs or distributor?  Tune up here I come...

Andrew Murphy
64 1500
67 2000 Solex
SoCalROC