Difference between Starters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Difference between Starters
From: KJCMFCC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:27:38 EDT
Hello all,

I am replacing the exhaust manifold with a header arangement for my 1970
1600. I was told that I need the 2000 starter and that it is shorter and
fatter than the 1600 version. Now, I replaced the starter a year or so back,
but I am not sure which model starter went in then (not like Pep Boys knew a
whole lot - just this one will fit...and it did). So....
Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the two (or at least the 2000
model) so I could verify if the current starter is the right one or I have to
go shopping once more.

Thanx

Kevin