RE: Difference between Starters

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Difference between Starters
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:53:19 -0700
1600 mounting surface to end of starter 7 5/8"
2000 mounting surface to end of starter 7 1/8"

1600 mounting surface to snout of starter (inside bellhousing) 2 1/2"
2000 mounting surface to snout of starter (inside bellhousing) 1 3/4"

So not only is the 2000 starter shorter on the "visible" part, you don't have to
pull it as far out of the bellhousing to remove it.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA