To plug or bridge?

To: "Roadster Listgroup" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: To plug or bridge?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:14:13 -0500
     On a 1970 1600 there are a couple of hoses leading from the smog
pump to two fittings, one on each arm of the intake manifold.  Is it
better to simply plug them, or to fit a bridging hose?
     Also, what have people done to move the alternator to the RH side on
68-70 cars?  Most, it seems go for the one wire alt.  (any specific
models popular?)  and do folks use a second belt from the water pump
double pulley to the alt, or do they use a serpentine belt?  Some of this
is ground well covered i know, but as many of you know, it's hard to
remember when it's not your task at hand  :-)  I have started a "helpful
tips" folder that I copy messages to when I think the info might come in
handy in the near future.  Let's see how it works.

Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX
TDROC