Re: To plug or bridge?

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: To plug or bridge?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:35:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- snyler <marc@animalfirm.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the pictures! they answer a lot of questions.  Do you have
> any
> charging indicator or volt-meter installed?

Yes, I put a cheapie (~$14) voltmeter under the dash.  I spliced the +
side of the voltmeter to the white w/blue wire on the ignition switch.
I spliced in the light with a gauge light so I can see it at night.  My
car reads anywhere from 13 volts to 14.5 (pushing to the 15 volt limit,
but never going over so far) or so when running (not at idle).  As
others have said, the voltmeter shows you have to get the car to around
2000RPM to get the alternator to start charging.

If you decide to add one here (you may think of somewhere better), I
found that right behind the removable panel is a metal piece, so I
couldn't bolt it on from underneath.  I had to use flat head screws and
put the nuts underneath the dash, not above as I originally planned.  I
lucked out and can see the voltmeter directly through the hole in the
spoke of my Grant steering wheel, but it might be hard to see with a
stock steering wheel.

I added a picture of the voltmeter at
<http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=28334698103&n=1433215583>

=====