Re: To plug or bridge?

To: andycost <andycost@worldnet.att.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To plug or bridge?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:31:31 -0700 (PDT)
I initially put mine in the stock location but while up in Shasta, on
an uphill incline, I fried the internal voltage regulator.  (Made for a
fun trip back to Sacramento)  I believe it was due to excessive heat,
being right under the exhuast manifold.  The alt. could take it but the
VR couldn't.  It would probably work OK to use a GM alternator with
external voltage regulator, more like our original alts.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend