RE: Damaged Solexes

To: "Stewart Higgins" <elmo@interlog.com>
Subject: RE: Damaged Solexes
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:21:03 -0400
Stewart,
Sorry to hear about your experience.  The packaging of you carbs is
factory - it's identical to the set I have (still in the box).  Your outer
box however is very beaten up.  It looks like that box was dropped or tossed
against something which caused the carb body to impact the inside of it's
box.  The linkage was undoubtedly bent when it pushed through the inner box.
I don't know that that would explain the damage to the throttle body (which
I couldn't see in the pictures) but would explain the linkage and throttle
shaft problems.
What did FedEx say?  At this point, I'd be pursuing them.
Brian '69 2000
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/