Re: 1600 R engine

To: "Edgar Gonzalez" <datsunspl311@home.com>,
Subject: Re: 1600 R engine
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:37:15 -0400
Do yourself a favor and rip apart the tranny and replace the synchros and
inspect the countergear and replace the countershaft bearings and shaft. You
don't want to have to rip your tranny again because you were too lazy to do
it right the first time. Take it from me, I did that although I did replace
the shaft and bearings.

FWIW, 3 of 4 trannies I had, had bad countergears, shafts and bearings. Use
Redline MT90 in the tranny too.

Mike