Re: 1600 R engine

To: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>, "Edgar Gonzalez" <spl212@home.com>,
Subject: Re: 1600 R engine
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:02:15 -0400
Dave,

I had to pull my 4 speed as it had a bad synchro and instead installed a
rebuilt 5 speed. It is a better tranny although for stock 1600s 1st gear is
pretty high and you have to slip the clutch more and it won't accelerate as
fast but I'll take that trade-off. Now, at 70 I'm doing about 3000 instead
of nearly 4000.

I don't know what it turns at 80 as I went about 70 then shot up to about
110. It was a new engine and I was trying to take it easy :)

I can't wait to get Chernobyl back on the road and scare everybody again.

Next weekend I will start the dismantling process. I couldn't believe how
much metal was in the oil pan and "sprayed" up the inside of the engine
block beside #2.

Mike