Re[2]: The Winner

To: SLBESQ@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: The Winner
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:13:35 -0700
On 8/24/2001 SLBESQ@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 08/23/2001 1:49:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com writes:
>
>> The part I love is " ...the frame is made from two rugged steel
>pipes... " > Colin Chapman,
>>

>note the strut tower brace for added torsional rigidity

Yesterday, I read this article on the new Thunderbird roadster. Lots
of lavish praise about that car. In a way, it sort of looks like our
Datsun roadsters. Then the article mentioned that the car had some
handling problems with twisting and flexing on the road. And then it
mentioned that the car design was based on another hardtop car, that
they cut the roof off to make it a convertible roadster. One big plus
about our Datsuns is our rigid frame.

Fred - So.SF