Light trucks (OT)

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Light trucks (OT)
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:25:01 -0600
     For the first time, over 50% of the new vehicles sold in the US were
light trucks as opposed to cars (Pickups, minivans, SUVs) Do over 50% of
the population really need a truck-based vehicle, or are some of us being
sold a bill of goods.  I see a lot of longbed-crew-cab-duallie super duty
4x4 behemoths that have never seen a puddle, much less a load of gravel.
I guess they hold a lot of groceries.  I can get over 10 bags of
groceries in the roadster when the top is up, and it's not going to roll
if I swerve to avoid that puddle.
     Some folks need a big hauler/towing vehicle, but many, I suspect are
just pretending to be cowboys (and cowgirls)

-Marc T.
'70 1600
'93 Escort wagon (all you really *need *for a daily driver, will carry
engine blocks, trannies)
'88 Dodge 318 pickup (shortbed)  Drive only when needed (trips to dump,
towing)
'65 Datsun 320  When this is restored, bye-bye Dodge :^)