Re: Plays With Porsches

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Plays With Porsches
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 07:30:17 -0500
Gordon-

I was on my way to Summit Point race track one time when I got to playing
with a Lamborghini Miuria after turning off 340 onto the back road to the
track. we were doing about 110-115 with me leading and there's a series of
whoops I hadn't taken that fast before. the first time I went airborne, the
Lambo backed off- way off (I backed off a bit too) he caught up with my car
later at the track and left a card on the windshield for me. evidently his
oil pressure gauge wasn't working and he was trying to sell the car for a
customer for like $375,000. was concerned he might knock a hole in the
sump.....belonged to a guy named Jim Phelan, no relation to Tom, but it
turned out Jim also owned around half a dozen roadsters too. don't know if
he still has, I think Mark and Scott took a trip down there a couple years
back. supposedly he had one with tube frame and engine moved back...has a
place called Pegasus Motorsports down in Charlottesville, Va.

Craig
roadsters