Re: Plays With Porsches

To: RoadsterGB@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plays With Porsches
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 11:55:55 -0800
I had my fun about a year and a half ago against a BMW M series Roadster.
Until the Z8 came out, this was BMW's top production roadster. I test drove
one and it is a phenomenal performer. I was driving my 67.5 2000 with my
skinny 14 inch wheels and basic street tires when I get passed by a guy in
his M roadster. So I figured what the hell and dropped from fifth to third
and took the RPMs up to about 6500 and let the solexes roar. I caught him in
a downshift and roared by him. He hopped on it too but there was some
traffic up ahead and we both had to back off.

We traded positions a few times and I think he was a little pissed at having
such an old car stay right with him and give him all he wanted. He pulled
off in to a gas station and I could not resist dropping a gear and roaring
away.

This is a big reason I have these cars. They certainly attract attention on
the road and they can hold their own with any car near its class. We may not
be able to outrun a muscle car on the flats, but try keeping with us in
corners. Even my little 64 1500 can mix it up in the right circumstances.
These are sports cars and need be driven like them.

At least in my not-so-humble opinion.

Take Care,

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 (In 1000 pieces)