1600 Su's

To: "Datsun-Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 Su's
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:58:03 -0800
Hello out there,

I have a question regarding re-bushing the throttle shafts on the 1600 SU
carbs. I just pulled mine in order to do a rebuild on them and the first
thing I checked was the throttle shafts. At WOT, there is about .020" of
side to side movement of the butterfly valve that goes away when it is
closed. As for the shaft play in the bushing, I would say there is probably
a good .001" of slop.

So does it sound like these carbs are in need of new bushings? If so, what
is the "reasonably priced" route to go? I looked at the Z-Therapy site and
there carbs are a little more than I am looking for in price and condition.
I am more than willing to go after the rest of the rebuild myself, but I
would rather not get into the shaft bushings. As always, your help is
greatly appreciated!

Brian
'68 1600