RE: 1600 Su's

To: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Subject: RE: 1600 Su's
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:53:38 -0600 (CST)
I don't know how much is too much, but I can say that re-bushing will not
affect the end play in the shaft. I suspect that there is much wear in
this area. The cause of increased end play is when the buterfly wears on
the inside of the carb throat, causing metal on the butterfly, or the
inside of the throat to wear away. The butterfly can be replaced, but I
believe that the throat on the 1600 carbs is part of the main casting.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner