RE: 1600 Su's

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1600 Su's
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:36:43 -0800
Thank you to all for the replies! I got several promising leads on how to
deal with the throttle shaft bushings. The only thing I am not entirely sure
of is if they actually need to be replaced yet. Since the car is not running
right now, I can not spray the carb cleaner on the shafts while it is
running to check for a vacuum leak which seems like a definitive way of
knowing if the shafts/bushings are worn. I think what I am going to do is
proceed with a rebuild on them, and if I ever get the car running :), I'll
do the vacuum leak test. I figure the carbs will need the rebuild regardless
so I'll get that done and deal with the rest later. Thanks again to
everyone!