Re: 1600 Su's

To: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>,
Subject: Re: 1600 Su's
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:16:08 -0500
I had a pair of 2L carbs "bushed" at Apple Hydraulics. They charge 90 per
pair plus shipping. You have to disassemble it of everything but the
throttle stops. They use new oversized shafts and hone the bushings.

On carbs the wear is not consistant on the shaft because the position of the
butterfly usually remains fairly constant except upon acceleration and going
up hills. The shafts get chewed up.

Mike