Re: Exhaust systems Q

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust systems Q
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:42:01 -0500
I've been playing around with exhaust options for our 66 engine swap
project, and am planning on 2" pipe.  I had a 2" tailpipe with the "hump"
over the axle bent up and it fits fine using the stock hanger locations.  2"
will also fit through the x-member, but it is very tight.  Too tight to
allow the movement the engine would impart.

I plan on rigidizing ( is that a word?) the exhaust aft of the collectors,
and using a pair of EPI stainless steel flex couplers to connect the
collectors to the exhaust tubes. I'm using a pair of flex couplings since
the V6 will have duals back to just ahead of the axle - I'll be modifiying
the passenger side of the x with the same through tubes as on the drivers's
side -

A single flex coupler and 2" pipe back should work very well on your 66.  By
the way, JCWhitney carries the EPI's now and they're quite a bit less in
price than Summit, etc.

Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH