Re: Twice as much

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Twice as much
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:31:45 -0500
The 2000 is a stroked 1600 that is fully counterbalanced, however 1600s can
be revved quite high even though the cranks aren't fully counterbalanced.
The shorter stroke 1600 should be able to rev higher than a 2000. I have
heard of 3 main engines hitting 8000.

There's a lot more to revs than just the crank - valve springs play a very
important part. And of course careful balancing and preparation and
lightening of the reciprocating parts.

Mike