Re: Twice as much

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Twice as much
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:05:37 EST
you make very good points.  however, i think the engine's ability to rev has
most to do with the design of its valve train.  moving the camshaft closer to
the valves allows the engine higher revs, pushrods being the limiting factor.
and as someone else aptly noted, at 7,000 rpms, you may want to watch out for
flying pushrods.  in general, overhead cam engines will be able to rev higher
than a pushrod engine, all other things being equal.  then to take that one
step further (as F1 teams do), you can eliminate the cam shaft
altogether.....using air for example to open and close the valves, or air to
open and springs to close....etc
67.5 MIZU