Re: Dizzy isn't dizzy

To: <Geegc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Dizzy isn't dizzy
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:16:01 -0600 (CST)
I haven't seen this on a roadster, but have on an old air cooled VW. When
you put the distributor back in it is possible that you didn't get the
drive tang on th ebottom of the distributor mated with the slot on the oil
pump/distributor drive. When you tightened the distributor clamp it was
with the distributor high (or the clamp may be bent). Take a look. Try
turning the rotor with the distributor still mounted. If it turns,
something is not mated correctly. It is also possible (but not likely)
that the distributor shaft had seized up, or something is jamming the
in the base of the distributor, either weights, or something fell in and
when you turned the engine over the shear pin broke. If the distributor won't
turn, remove the distributor and see if it turns freely.

Let us know what you find!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner