SR20 engine swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SR20 engine swap
From: "Alan Horton" <alhorton@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:08:43 -0500
Hello List,
I too am now looking to do an engine swap because of the cost and
availability of U20 engine parts. I have a 68 and a 69 2000. The 69 is an
all original, numbers matching car (still in original paint) and the 68,
while running a U20, is not running the original engine. So I want to
conserve what parts I have left for the 69. I am leaning heavily toward the
Jspec SR20 and have found an SR20DET at what I feel is reasonable. But this
leads me to my question. Has anyone seen a swap into a roadster using this
engine? I have seen the pics of Michael Spreadbury's car but I don't believe
he used the turbo model. I would like to know if the SR20DET can be
transplanted without hacking my engine compartment and/or frame.

TIA
Alan Horton
Spartanburg, SC