Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning

To: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:05:27 -0600 (CST)
Greg,

I don't recall that the piston lifting tells the state of tune of the
opposite carb.

As I understand it, raising the piston on one carb will lean out the carb
that you are raising, which will make the 2 cylinders that run off that
carb run a bit leaner than they were. If the carb is set correctly the
engine should speed up a bit, then drop to a speed lower than what it was
before lifting. If it speeds up and stays high it is running lean and if
just drops in speed it is running rich. This is from memory, so I guess my
car needs to have its carbs adjusted in the next couple of days! What
better Easter present for it could there be!

Now where did I put my bunny ears?

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner