Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:13:32 -0600 (CST)
One thing I forgot to put in my writeup concerns the jet. Be sure that it
slides up and down smoothly and doesn't hang up anywhere. Cycle the choke
linkage from off to full and back again and watch for hangups. Once the
choke is off make sure that the jet is fully seated against the centering
nut.

Actually, our carbs don't have "chokes", which choke off the airflow.
Pulling the manual choke on the dash lowers the jet, allowing more fuel
into the mixture. So, instead of a choke, we have an enrichening system.
Same end results, just different method!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner