Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning

To: gboone@sisna.com
Subject: Re: EI Dizzy Conversion/Now Idle Speed and SU tuning
From: WisslerJon@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:53:09 EST
Thanks for the explanations Gary.  Got everything in and it fired right up.
The only problem I have is that timed at about 16 BTDC it idles at around
1,200 and I can't seem to get it to slow down.  I decided it was time to
learn how to use the Unisyn I bought, but I can't get a reading on either
carb, and it doesn't seem to make much difference when I screw in or out the
idle adjustment screw on the bottom.  I had a friend of mine help me (which
means he did it all) tune the SU's a couple years ago and I haven't touched
them sense.  Isn't the procedure to screw them all the way in, and than back
them out about 2 1/4 turns before trying to fine tune them?  I screw mine all
the way in and it still runs fine!!  I don't think there is even 2 1/4 turns
available.  It's tough being mechanically disinclined sometimes.  Any advice
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

69 2000
69 510 (L20B)
NOWROC