Re: Well, crap!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Well, crap!
From: <eddie@ratdat.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:27:48 +0100
That's something I always dread... in fact the number one reason that I no
longer use any of my old Datsuns every day. I decided to keep one of my
Roadsters as a parts car just in case of a disaster like this because they
are a little hard to find parts for here. Many condolences, Gordon. It
fortunate that it can be repaired and you weren't hurt.

One of the guys here recently finished a very thorough restoration of a
Datsun 810 and on the way back from the first show he took it to his wife
(he was driving another old Datsun) lost control on a slippy road caused by
spilled diesel and hit a tree. Here's the result...

http://www.datsunworld.com/discus/messages/4/51.jpg

Unfortunatelty she was hurt in the accident but is recovering. She was only
doing around 30mph! The impact was so hard that it pushed the motor back
about 8 inches,ripping the transmission crossmember from the floor and
folded the tailshaft at 90 degrees. Nasty. Needless to say it's not
repairable.

Eddie Rattley
www.ratdat.com

1969 - Datsun 2000