Re: Engine swap for a '68

To: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine swap for a '68
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:11:06 -0800
My experience with L series engine fit is that the L20b or LZ22 fits under
the hood of a late (68-70) car but won't fit under the 65-67 cars.  I don't
have any experience with the 67.5 cars.
The comment above applies to my kit where the engine is mounted on the
original rubber motor mounts in their original locations.

As I understand it, the Kenyon car that you mentioned earlier was built by
Ralph the nephew and was changed from a U20 to an LZ22+ that was built at
Rebello's shop and it had one of my kits and the valve cover cleared the
hood and then it was changed to a KA.

I think that the KA24DE makes a good conversion but many of those are
getting a bit long at the tooth.  Since KA's have fuel injection and other
features that make them almost maintenance free they could get boring.  No
carbs or points or valve adjustments to deal with.

Stan
=====