Re: Engine swap for a '68

Subject: Re: Engine swap for a '68
From: Hoover <audelaaz@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:12:13 -0700
We took our recently purchased 260Z for its maiden road trip from
Phoenix to Las Vegas this past Friday.  With the exception of a horn
malfunction, the Z made the trip with flying colors.  We met up with
Keith Williams to pick up a pair of rebuilt Z carbs (they look
gorgeous!) & dropped off a set of Roadster carbs to rebuild for the '64.
 It was a turn-around trip that started at 12:30pm on Friday and ended
when we pulled back into our driveway at 4:30am Saturday morning

Which explains why I'm just getting to reading the Roadster digest...

Ron suggested, quite wisely, that I should clarify "novice" and "easy."
 By novice, I mean that I have modest experience with auto mechanics.
 I've done an engine swap from one Roadster to another, have swapped out
distributors and the like but nothing as ambitious as what I'd like to
do.  I have zero experience doing any type of body work, but I've got
plenty of time.  I want to do it myself versus paying someone else to do
it (pride thing there!)

My ideal Roadster would be a good city driver but be able to make trips
to Solvang and Shasta too.  Something "zippy" and responsive, but not
something that will necessarily smoke 'em at the track.

Oh, and it will have to pass our great state's emissions.  Thanks to
everyone who's given me such great input!

Charlotte Hoover
'63 SPL310 1500
'64 SPL310 1600
and a bunch of other stuff