Re: Solex jetting for 1600s

To: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Solex jetting for 1600s
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:31:32 -0800
For what it's worth, I already corresponded with Sid prior to his request
to the list.  After I got my car running I took it and a box full of jets
to a shop that was good with these carbs.  The car ran OK after he was done
and I paid his price.  Timing setting was also required to make it work.

Every engine is somewhat unique.  Displacement, cam design, compression
ratio, porting, manifold design, valve sizes and ignition characteristics
are among the many variables that are related to carb setup.  Carb size and
choke size are some of the other variables that must be considered.  Nissan
sold 50mm carbs and manifolds for 1600 roadster engines at one time.

It may help to read and understand the setup and troubleshooting sections
of the Mikuni PHH Carburetor service manual to get a start.  It may also be
necessary to pay someone to do the final dialing in.

There is a person that works within doors of Dean's shop that has set up
pushrod Mikuni carb engines that Dean could ask and relay the information.

Stan

At 06:28 PM 2/24/2004 -0800, datsun parts.com wrote:
>I believe Stan has knowledge concerning this. He may be able to help you!
Dean

>sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com> wrote:I know that there are a few solex
1600s out there, but there is very little