Re: Concealed Weapons

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>, "z m" <porrada76@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Concealed Weapons
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:00:31 -0700
And with a little publicity, I'm sure a few other would-be carjackers would
think twice too.

IMHO licensed concealed carry would benefit all.
If you don't like guns, that's your perogative.  You don't need to own a gun
to to benefit from licensed conceal carry.
If a would-be robber is unsure that the potential victim may be armed, that
may be enough of a deterrent to prevent a crime from occurring.
Now if the criminal knows the victim will be unarmed, say in Australia, they
will be more likely to commit the crime.
Since Australia banned private ownership of most guns in 1996, crime has risen
dramatically.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15304
Why?  Only the criminals have guns now.
Banning may have worked before there were millions of guns in distribution.

Steve
70' 1600