Re: Carburetion.

To: <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetion.
From: "Marcus A. Pryor" <banshee16@starband.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:31:55 -0700 (PDT)
I forgot to answer one part of your question, I think. In a fixed venturi
carb, as I stated, the jets stay the same (not counting power boosters).
The ratio stays roughly the same at different throttle settings and rpms.
It does this because of Bernoulli's principle. That states that the
pressure of air or a fluid is inversely proportional to the speed of that
air or liquid through a venturi. In other words, as the air speeds up (the
engine gains speed), an increased vacuum is formed in the venturi which
pulls in the correct amount of fuel through metering jets.

I hope this answered you question.

Marcus A. Pryor
For a new age of reason