RE: Carburetion.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carburetion.
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:08:45 -0700
Another twist on this for people to think about is that running a 44mm
Mikuni doesn't get you much if you are also running 34mm venturis in them.
The air velocity will be quite high through the venturi itself but will then
drop on the other side as the cross-section increases.

Running 34mm venturis in a 40mm carb will probably result in better airflow
characteristics and more consistent atomization of the fuel than running the
same size venturis in a larger carb.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org