Re: OT - Car Transport

To: Joe Russo <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: OT - Car Transport
From: <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 6:12:40 -0700
I just used Intercity several weeks ago to get my Dad's '70 1600 from Northern
CA to WI. Even though they were higher than other companies, I was very happy
with the service. (Intercity is the company used by Barret-Jackson auctions, so
you know they are reputable.) I got several calls from the drivers, before
pick-up, during loading and transport, and right before arrival at my house.

They moved an extra motor as well as some antique lamps in addition to the car
at a small additional fee that I thought was reasonable. They also got the car
to me four days sooner than they initially stated. Which was an absolutely
fantastic bonus!

You also have to take a quote of $950 with a grain of salt. There were several
companies that offered the same rate to me. They sounded good, but there was
fine print that your MUST read thoroughly.

The quotes that low that I got, were never for covered transport. Covered added
over $500 almost every time I asked for it. Also, I was told that the low quote
companies sometimes will have drivers that try to get extra/more money out of
you when they arrive to make delivery.

In my opinion, the higher price I paid Intercity (which was not very much
higher at all) was well worth it and I will use them again if I have the need
in the future.

PEACE :-)

Tim
SPL311-27935
(Dad's, now mine) '70 1600 ( a restoration project)
SRL311-13825
'70 2000
A good buy!