FW: OT - Car Transport

To: "'John Atchison'" <jda@srv.net>,
Subject: FW: OT - Car Transport
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:00:17 -0400
Yes Joe,
Please don't use DAS. As Dennis Miller says, "I don't mean to go off on a
rant here but..."
I shipped "door to door" with DAS. They tried to recharge me when they got
there but I had a cashiers check and the paperwork with me. Furthermore, I
was promised single carrier transport. The carrier it was received on was
NOT the carrier it was shipped on, as promised. The driver said it was one
carrier trailer "across country" (Glendale, CA to Hixson TN) but it was
certainly not the one I drove my car onto. I was told that they took it to
their yard and put it on the cross-country carrier. I had originally been
told that they would pick up the cars in the reverse order of delivery and
it would stay on the same carrier. Again, DEFINITELY NOT received as
promised. Also cost about $1600 and NOT covered transport (unless you count
"covered in s***" from the Chevy above it). Next, they didn't deliver it to
the Mall parking lot across the highway interchange from my house where I
asked. They delivered it to the WalMart about 4 miles away. (I didn't have a
drivers license at the time). They delivered it about 1 AM (4 days late) and
the next morning was my first day at my new job. Then the driver said if I
didn't meet him there, I could wait till the carrier was on it's way back
from wherever it was going and pay more, whenever they got it back. As I
said, I didn't have a drivers license. There's an extra 40 bucks for the cab
(with 2 drivers since I couldn't drive it). Cabs aren't cheap here 10 miles
from Chattanooga in South Eastern Tennessee. One last thing, it had a full
tank when I shipped it. It was nearly empty when I got it back. Wish I'd
have checked the mileage.

Matt Smith