Re: what's great about solvang and shasta show

To: mark@dealermats.com
Subject: Re: what's great about solvang and shasta show
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 18:44:37 GMT
I've owned my '67 2000 for over 20 years.  I remember the first Shasta show I
went to, back in the '80's, when half of the people there camped in tents.
There was a category for "who's car would you most like to drive home today."
There were some beautiful cars there... perfect pain, perfect chrome, detailed
engines, all the interior matched... you get the picture.  The car I chose?
Mine.  Why?  Cause that car has my blood in it... literally.  I know every nut
and bolt.  I remember every turn we've taken, every 7000rpm blast, every trial
and tribulation, the miles, the races, the friends... that car is in my blood.
Nearly all of the friends I have made in the last 20 years are from Roadsters.
I have friends in Oregon and Canada who love me like a brother, but whom I see
only occasionally, yet I feel connected to them all.  I am currently redoing a
friend's '70 in time for the Shasta show.  I met one of my best friends
through a Roadster, the same one that I finished last year that you all have
yet to see, but will hopefully come to Shasta this year.  I will redo my car
this winter ("it's about time!" she says), but it willl never win a show.  I
have never won a thing at any show, nor have I won in a raffle (why do I buy
tickets?  Just cause!).  I did win the Modesto Coast once... that was cool.
My Roadster is a metaphore for my life... good times, tough times, but you are
always commited and never stopping.  She is my automotive partner, a friend
with whom I dance in tight corners, and who answers the call when I drop the
throttle and make her scream.  I fell in love with that car the day I saw it.
It has never changed.  It is that simple.
Greg Burrows
67 2000 #588
Bonney Lake, WA