Re: what's great about solvang and shasta show

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what's great about solvang and shasta show
From: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 12:21:40 -0700
I went to Solvang 'cos I enjoy roadsters (having run them when they were
merely used cars) and I wanted to meet some more people in the
fraternity/sorority.

PO spent a documented $27K on car - and it looks pretty nice. And I am sure
if I really had had, or had made, the time to armorall (whatever) the vinyl
bits, polish the chrome bits, clean the dust out of the car as a consequence
of running the Iron Bottom, perhaps I might have placed.

But do I care? nah - the two cars next to me who/which came in 1st/2nd
deserved the result - they were clean, well appointed and expressive of the
owner's ideas about roadsters.

I go for the views, the roads, the people, not for the trophies. Some do -
all power to them and it's great that they take the care and spend the time
(and money) because our cars will last that bit longer and allow another
generation to enjoy them. Right now the oldest is 40ish, in 2020 the
youngest will be 50 - WOW - and so many of the cars at Solvang should have
no problem in making that anniversary, especially with the dedication of our
current crop of suppliers.

Peter
Eliza '70 SPL TOADSAN