Sanity check - Bad starter?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sanity check - Bad starter?
From: Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:11:38 -0700
All,

I went out to take the car for a drive this morning and got the dreaded
click-click-click-click with no engine turning at all. So I pull out the meter
and check the battery across the terminals -it's fine.  I have voltage at the
coil and can pretty much hear that the solenoid is trying to engage. I bought
this car back in February and noticed that the starter looked original.

I am planning on ordering a gear reduction starter this week. Just checking to
see if the gear heads have a different opinion or idea.

Thanks,

Andrew Murphy
1966 1600
Down for now
Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the im
Initiative now. Its free.
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07