Re: [Roadsters] Rollbar and Ragtop: Can I have it all?

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rollbar and Ragtop: Can I have it all?
From: Ruth <ruth@earlydatsun.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:24:31 +1000
I know this is getting further and further OT, but...

Sometimes you are in the lap of the gods (or more correctly, the other
stupid drivers out there) no matter how many safety features you have
on your car/bike. A friend of mine was in an accident last week, and
spent a week in ICU ventilated with a broken pelvis, punctured lung,
lacerated liver and a whole host of associated injuries meaning she
will maybe never work as a nurse again. She's on the ward now, but
it's going to be a long slow recovery.

She was riding to work on her motorcycle in the rain, when the car in
front of her stopped for a red light. She stopped in plenty of time,
but the 4WD behind her didn't. She was sandwiched between the front of
the 4WD and the car briefly, then the 4WD skidded over the top of her.

So be careful, and always assume that the other guy is a dickhead. And
get a roll bar. And an airbag. But even that won't necessarily keep
you out of the ER.

Ruth.