Re: [Roadsters] Dwell of 37 degrees - are my points shot?

To: Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Dwell of 37 degrees - are my points shot?
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:33:44 GMT
Is it possibly a bad condensor?  My friend's 1600 would backfire and miss for
no reason, and it started doing it suddenly.  It was a bitch to start but
eventually after it got warm enough it would run but very rough.  After we let
it cool down for just a bit, we refired it... it ran ok for a short period of
time, then began the same behavior.  My brain said "Something is getting hot
and sucking spark away."  So we changed out the condensor... problem
immediately solved.  BTW, he had messed with the point gap exactly as you have
described and was able to get the car to run at certain RPMs, but it was the
condensor the whole time.  This may explain the inability to change dwell as
well (?).  Cheap and easy to find out!
Greg Burrows
67 2000

-- Keith0alan@aol.com wrote:
Could be the rubbing block is worn out and you need new points.

keith

In a message dated 8/18/2008 2:33:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,