Re: [Roadsters] It won't start....

To: "'Eddie'" <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] It won't start....
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:52:44 -0400
Yes to all, but one tricky part...the timing mark is at TDC for # 1 front or
#4 rear cylinder depending on where the valves are. And which way the
distributor is installed.

With the valve cover off, set the timing to tdc, both valves on #1 should be
closed. (rocker arms slightly loose)  If one or both is open, then rotate
the motor 1 full turn, (counterclockwise from the front of the car looking
at the motor) and stop at the TDC mark again..if both valves are closed, you
are now on #1 TDC.  Verify that the rotor is pointing at your #1 plug wire.
If it is, you're done.  Set the timing with a light once it runs.

 If it's not, and is 180 deg off, either move the wires to correspond to the
present position, or you need to remove the distributor, remove the drive
tang, rotate it 180 deg and reinstall, then fire it up.

Good luck, call if you're stuck

Dave