[Roadsters] Body panel alignment

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Body panel alignment
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:44:33 -0600
Group,

This question is for anyone who's done a full body off restoration. I have
epoxy primer on the entire body and have mounted  the doors, hood, fenders
and trunk back on the body so I can get everything properly aligned before I
tap out small dents and apply body filler. How do I get these items aligned
without having to install all of the rubber gaskets and rubber bumpers or
must I install the rubber as well to get the correct alignment? If that's
the case, I will have to glue in the rubber for now and then remove it after
the body work is finished and apply the base coat and clear coat. There must
be a better way to get the alignment correct without using the rubber at
this point. Any help is appreciated.

Steve Harvey

Milwaukee