fot

composit leaf springs

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: composit leaf springs
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 11:35:12 -0500
Holiday greetings Friends (oT):

John and I are exploring fiberglass leaf spring conversions for use on the
early solid axel cars. This morning I spoke with a company in St. Pete that
manufactures for Camaro and Corvette aftermarket purposes. They seemed
receptive to looking at the project. They seemed to indicate that the
development and set up was minimal and that costs would be reasonable.
Apparently they have put together sets for MGs and have sold to British
Automotive on the West Coast.

Since both my car and myself are (a little) overweight, and given the
potential weight savings these springs may yield, I'm quite keen on this
idea. Love to hear any comments or any interest from the rest of you.

Regards all,

Chip Bond