fot

Re: composit leaf springs

To: Chip Bond <spirals@ESINET.NET>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: composit leaf springs
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 96 11:57:44 EST
On Dec 18, 11:34am, Chip Bond wrote:
> They seemed receptive to looking at the project.

Cool!

> They seemed to indicate that the
> development and set up was minimal and that costs would be reasonable.

Even better.

> Since both my car and myself are (a little) overweight,

Well, my car is underweight, but that's the only thing...

> and given the potential weight savings these springs may yield,

Not to mention the better and more consistent spring rate acheived
by eliminating the sliding action of the separate leaves against
each other.

> Love to hear any comments or any interest from the rest of you.

I'm interested.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm