fot

Re: composit leaf springs

To: rjl6n@UVA.PCMAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU
Subject: Re: composit leaf springs
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 19:54:49 -0600
Well, let's talk about "cheating". Of course WE all deplore it and would
never do it ourselves, but...there IS that element of admiration for
those who CREATIVELY cheat..Like the Smokey Yunik 7/8 scale Camaro that
Vic Edelbrock still owns.

I liked the Smokey Yunik trick from long long ago -- he had a set of
beautiful Starrett measuring instruments made up that read undersize. He
loaned them to the trackside inspectors to inspect his cars because they
were better than any instruments the inspectors had...

Also who was it who pulled into NASCAR inspection and they drained the
gas tank, to check its maximum capacity...then the guy drove away
(filled the roll cage with gasoline - yikes!

I had a friend who drag raced an MG, no kidding. Won a national
championship, he did. Nobody could figure out how he got such a
terriffic bite off the line. I KNOW, however. He filled his windshield
washer bottle with bleach and ran a hose under the carpet to a nozzle on
the inner fender well above each rear tire.....