fot

RE: Fuel System Questions

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel System Questions
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:37:33 -0800
This is a very common problem with certain carburetor designs that have
the fuel pickup from one side or the other of the float bowl. Raising
the float level or increasing the float needle size (where feasible)
sometimes helps a little, but the only cure is multiple fuel pickups or
a concentric arrangement of fuel reservoir and emulsion tube. One would
think that the fuel would not be affected that much, but a cross section
of the fuel in the float bowl of a car turning at .5 G would show the
fuel surface at a 45 degree angle--the float needle is held shut while
one side of the bowl is dry.